Sencor® is a selective herbicide that shows good effects against a broad range of annual grass and broad-leaved weeds. It is used across the world in many different crops, including alfalfa, cereals, potatoes, soybeans, sugar cane and vegetables. Sencor is suitable for pre-emergence as well as for post-emergence treatment, since it is systemic, taken up via the roots and through the foliage. For a pre-emergence application there should be an adequate amount of moisture in the soil to achieve good weed control. Sencor® has No limitations regarding re-cropping
Recommendations and rates of use
|Tomato||annual grasses and broad leaved weeds||350 g/Fed|
Apply two weeks after transplanting
|Potato||annual grasses and broad leaved weeds||350 g/Fed|
Just before potato shoots emerge above the soil surface
- How to apply:
- For ground application use standard boom sprayer fixed on the tractors.
- Use water volume of 120 – 200 Lt./fed.
- Apply when wind is low to reduce drift
- Apply when the weeds are young and actively growing
- Sencor® 60 SC is a suspension concentrate containing 600 g.ai./ kg metribuzin
- Mode of action:
- Metribuzin is herbicide acting as an inhibitor of photosynthesis. Due to its root- and leaf-systemicity, metribuzin can be used as a pre- and postemergence herbicide. If used in pre-emergence, metribuzin relies on the presence of moisture in the soil for broad spectrum weed control. Soil properties influence the herbicidal efficacy and crop tolerance of metribuzin. High contents in clay and/or humus need higher application rates.
- May Trade
- WHO classification:
- Product: slightly hazardous
Application of liquid or solid product:
Mixed with water.
Handling of all products,
Application of all products for mixing with water, if Very toxic, Toxic or
Wear boots (protective clothing):
Handling and application of all products.
Wash after use:
Keep out of reach of children:
Wear eye protection:
Handling of liquid products for mixing with water, e. g. EC, EW, SC, SL;
Handling and application of all liquid products for undiluted use, e. g. UL;
Handling of all solid products, e. g. DP, DS, GR, SP, WP, if Very toxic,
Toxic or Eye irritant.
Dangerous/harmful to animals:
All products, if Very toxic or Toxic.
Dangerous/harmful to fish.
Do not contaminate lakes, rivers, ponds or streams:
All products which are harmful to fish.
Handling liquid product:
For mixing with water.