Ronstar® is a contact herbicide used across the world and has excellent pre- and post-emergence activity against weeds in families such as: Graminaceae, Amaranthaceae, Chenopodiaceae and Euphorbiaceae.
Recommendations and rates of use
|Rice||annual grasses and broad leaved weeds|
Dry seeded rice : 400 ml /Feddan. Mix the product with 2 litres water and 50kg soil/sand, spreading this evenly on the soil surface. After 4 days, plant the seed. A second identical application should be repeated 7-8 days later, when the water level is 1 cm above the soil surface
Seed bed : 7-8 days after planting pre-germinated seed, when the water level is 1 cm above the soil surface, 750 ml of product should be mixed with 2 litres water and 50kg soil/sand, spreading this evenly on 1 Feddan of the soil surface.
Transplanted rice : 7-8 days after transplanting, when the water level is 1 cm above the soil surface Mix 750 ml of product with 2 litres water and 50kg soil/sand, spreading this evenly on 1 feddan of the soil surface.
- Consult the local label/distributor
- How to apply:
- Shake the bottle well before use, fill half of the tank with water, add the product in correct dose rate then fill to the end while agitation of the whole spray liquid
- For ground application use standard boom sprayer fixed on the tractors.
- Use water volume of 200 – 400 Lt./ha.
- Observe speed travel to be 6 – 8 Km/h and spray pressure (2.5-3 Bar) to grantee equal and good coverage
- Ronstar® 25 EC is an emulsifiable concentrate containing 250 g/l oxadiazon
- Mode of action:
- Pre-emergence effects are obtained at germination by contact with oxadiazon-treated soil particles. The development of the shoots is stopped as soon as they emerge - their tissues decay very rapidly and the plant is killed. When the soil is very dry, the pre-emergence activity is greatly reduced. Post-emergence effect is obtained by absorption through aerial parts of weeds which are rapidly killed in the presence of light. The treated tissues wither and dry out.
- May Trade
- WHO classification:
- Product: slightly hazardous
Wash after use:
Keep out of reach of children: